Toronto Star Summer Reporting Internship - 2017
Friday, 20 January 2017 10:02
The Toronto Star is looking for new journalists for our summer reporting internship.
This internship is open to college and university level students or recent graduates who have never held a full-time, permanent staff position at a company that publishes news daily.
Interns work with full-time staff in a challenging but supportive environment. All Star internships are paid, contract positions.
Summer Reporting Intern Program:
The summer reporting intern program runs from May 2017 to September 2017.
Successful candidates will work on the breaking news desk and may spend time in a variety of departments including sports, life, entertainment and features. We welcome story pitches. Journalists must be able to shoot photos and should have multimedia skills.
MRU Student Leadership Conference
Tuesday, 17 January 2017 15:16
Student Photographer - Parks Canada
Thursday, 12 January 2017 15:39
As a dynamic member of the Interpretation team, working under the direction of the Interpretation Coordinator, the Student Photographer will be responsible for the following:
- Taking photos of interpretive activities and events
- Maintaining an organized inventory of photos to be used by the Visitor Experience Department
- Recording videos of evening interpretive theatre programs
- Delivering interpretive activities and presentations to provide visitors of Banff National Park with opportunities to discover, appreciate, learn about and enjoy the place and its natural and cultural resources and understand their significance to Canada.
- Engaging hundreds of visitors per day in interactive, interpretive programming at busy day- use areas
- Spending a significant amount of time per day driving a vehicle
- Must possess a valid Alberta Class 5 driver's license or equivalent.
More info and apply here:
Contract opportunity, deadline approaching.
Wednesday, 11 January 2017 12:05
ATB is seeking Year 3 or Year 4 photojournalists in the MRU Journalism Program to work on a follow-up to “Entrepreneurs of Alberta” - an Instagram/Facebook campaign (https://www.instagram.com/atbfinancial/?hl=en) that follows the structure of Humans of New York (https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/).
One candid photo and quote from each entrepreneur featured is required.
Shoots happen whenever the student wants to schedule them. In the past, students have been given 3 months to come back with 25 quotes & images. How they do this is up to them. More turn-around time can be arranged if necessary.
C.A. MacLean Foundation Summer Internship Program
Wednesday, 11 January 2017 12:01
Accepting Applications now for Summer 2017
Deadline to apply: January 31, 2017
The C.A. MacLean Foundation is sponsoring two ten-week internships during the summer of 2017 for journalism students. The internship program will allow students to learn first-hand the importance of community journalism, having them work alongside the editors, reporters and photographers of the community newspapers in Alberta or Northwest Territories. All AWNA member newspapers are eligible to apply to participate in the internship program, with two newspapers being chosen by lottery to host an intern. Applications received from the students will be reviewed and distributed to those two newspapers, who will then interview each student and make their selection.
Page 1 of 30«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»