Local Drop Magazine, Calgary’s latest community focused magazine that showcases all the creative, interesting, fun, rocking people and events that make Calgary great. Local Drop Magazine is a volunteer powered, community focused, quarterly print magazine that covers everything from local musicians, artists, to events, entrepreneurs and many other fascinating Calgarians.
Local Drop Magazine is looking for an enthusiastic, eager and talented applicant with an interest in sales. The successful candidate will be team-oriented and willing to collaborate, but work well independently. Their primary responsibility will be finding print advertising partners for Local Drop Magazine as well as online advertising partners.
This is a commission-based, flexible and dynamic position.
- Relatable sales experience
- Communicates confidently with contacts directly via the telephone and in person, or over email.
- Comfortable pursuing prospective clients in a friendly and personable manner.
- Exceptional professional correspondence skills.
- Able to keep healthy relationships with current advertisers.
- Past print or media advertising experience is beneficial.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible, friendly, charismatic, and a desire to be a part of an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Have a strong commitment to client service, organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a self starter attitude who is able to multitask and stay on top of upcoming businesses, festivals and events in the city.
- Be passionate about your city and want to be active within your community
- Be familiar with Local Drop, our values and advertising options • Be able to build positive, friendly relationships with clients (existing and new)
- Be comfortable and confident with cold calling, speaking to clients in person, speaking on the phone, and professional, well written emails.
How to Apply
This is your chance to join a group of ambitious and motivated individuals who are trying to promote our city on the ground floor. We already have an established brand and following after printing six issues. Interested applicants should send a detailed resume with cover letter by email to Will Geier, (Publisher Local Drop Magazine) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is May 1, 2018.